Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I had 3 jobs in 2007. 2 were as employees, 1 was as an indepdent contractor. Separate writeoffs? How?

I worked as an independent contractor from January - June. The company hired me full-time from June - December (where I still am).


I also did snow-plowing on the side from January - March.





Do I separate all of the writeoffs or put them all together? How?

I had 3 jobs in 2007. 2 were as employees, 1 was as an indepdent contractor. Separate writeoffs? How?
you put them all together on sch A.





you will need sch C or C-EZ and sch SE for the idependent contractor work you did.





then all of the last numbers of those forms go on 1040.
Reply:Any allowable expenses that you have for your contractor work will go on your schedule C with the income from that work.





If you have any allowable unreimbursed employee business expenses for the time when you worked as an employee, they'd go on a form 2106 and then onto your schedule A if you itemize, otherwise they are not deductible.





If your snowplowing job was not as an employee, you'd show that income and any associated allowable expenses on a separate schedule C than your other contractor work


No comments:

Post a Comment