Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bugs on my house vine?

We have a large, leafy vine growing on our house(we just moved here in June) and recently it has been overcome by these tiny little flying bugs, which seem to pretty much keep to the vine. I was out trimming it today, because it grows like crazy, and you could literally turn over one leaf and see about 15 of them. When you shook the vine it looked like it was snowing, and sounded like it was raining. The are very small and whitish with a bit of a tri-daimond design on their back. The smaller of them(they are all very small) are so tiny they just look white. I checked out other vine on our garage, and there was none on that one. They sort of resemble a grasshopper in shape, but are not because I looked them up. LOL





Anyway, what are they, and should I leave them alone or try to get rid of them? If so, how??? We don't like insecticides or pesticides...as they aren't safe for our kids or good for the environment.

Bugs on my house vine?
You might try blasting them with the water hose to help get rid of them .. It might need to be done several times for several days. I watch Paul James on Tv The gardener Guy and that is how he kills aphids that gets on his plants
Reply:whiteflies

ice skates

No comments:

Post a Comment